Hailing from our Kapampangan roots, Mekeni Classic Pork Tocino is one of our best family specialties. This thinly sliced cured pork meat is carefully soaked in a sweet blend, salitre-free marinade, giving that classic sweet taste that you would surely love.
1. Heat up 4 to 5 tablespoons of cooking oil.
2. Fry slices for 10 to 12 minutes over medium heat or until sugar caramelizes, turning slices occassionally to prevent scorching.
1. Put Tocino slices in a pan and add 1/4 cup water.
2. Cook over medium heat until all liquid dries up.
3. Add 4 to 5 tablespoons cooking oil and fry for 10 to 12 minutes over medium heat or until sugar caramelizes, turning slices occasionally to prevent scorching.
Sliced Pork, Sugar, Water, Flavoring, Salt, Carrageenan (E407), Preservative (Sodium Nitrite E250), Preservative (Sodium Erythorbates E316), Preservative (Sodium Benzoates E211) and FD&C Red 40 (E129)
Processed on equipment, facility that uses soya, milk products, wheat, fish products, crustaceans and egg.